Arts-and-Crafts Morris Chair Woodworking Plan
Believed to have originated with William Morris, father of the English Arts and Crafts movement, the so-called Morris chair combines comfort with simply stated good looks. True to form, our version features loose cushions, curved arms, and an adjustable back. We'll even tell how to make the cushions. Chair measures 34" wide, 29" deep, 42" tall.
Steps in this wood plan include:
1. Let's start by laminating and machining the legs
2. Now, machine and assemble the side frames
3. Here's how to create the curved armrests
4. Add the front and rear stretchers and cleats next
5. Let's cut the pieces and assemble the seat frame
6. Now, let's construct the backrest
7. Finish-sand, stain, and clear-coat
Learn more about this downloadable plan. Our downloadable plans include step-by-step instructions, a material list, a cutting diagram, how-to photography, and a mail-order buying guide for Arts-and-Crafts Morris Chair Woodworking Plan.