Norwood PortaMill Chainsaw Sawmill
Convert your logs into valuable lumber with your chainsaw*, a ladder and the Norwood PortaMill. It’s the perfect sawmill if:
- Your sawmilling needs are occasional.
- You need to mill in very remote locations.
- You need to move your sawmill by ATV, small car, boat or airplane.
- You have limited storage space.
Use your chainsaw as the sawhead and your household extension ladder as the track.
Mill hardwood and softwood logs up to 14” (35cm) in diameter. Cut square beams and dimensional lumber up to 8” wide … 2 x 4’s, 4 x 4’s, 2 x 6’s, 6 x 6’s …
1. Clamp your log in place: Use the log rests and adjustable log dogs.
2. Choose your cutting depth: Turn the crank handle to smoothly raise and lower the chainsaw.
3. Make your cut: Engage the handle-mounted throttle and advance the saw along the track.