Powermatic PM2800 18" Drill Press
No longer in production.
This drill press was designed with the woodworker in mind. Its design has many features that other drill presses do not offer. The twin LED lights are designed to eliminate cast shadows on the workpiece often produced by conventional lights. The twin lasers will pinpoint the bit entry on the workpiece. The expandable work table is the industry's largest in this class. The single handle speed changer allows you to run the full range of speeds without ever touching a belt, and the front mounted digital readout displays the exact speed the spindle is running. It also features a larger motor than any other drill press in its class for maximum torque.
• Powered by a heavy duty 1HP, 1Ph, 115/230V TEFC motor for maximum torque.
• Head-mounted dual-laser guide system provides a consistent drilling crosspoint on workpiece
• A new, larger table system with dual extensions for the largest woodworking table on the market; features twin T-slot grooves for a miter gauge or other homemade jigs
• Built-in dual LED worklight eliminates shadows
• Newly designed table tilts 90° left and right with a positive stop at 0°
• Large handle makes lowering and raising the table easy without banging your knuckles on the table
• Feed handles can be mounted on either side of the drill press for convenient left- or right-handed use
• Variable speed system adjusts quickly and easily in one full range
• Front-mounted digital LED display shows spindle speed
• Lighted push button switch with safety key is located on the front of the head for ease of use
• 5/8" keyless chuck
• Depth stop is designed for quick setting
• Adjustable split fence with dust collection port keeps work area clean