Expert advice for scrollsaws
Pages in this Story:
- Vibration and noise. A machine that runs smoothly helps you do better work and makes it easier to work for long stretches. Test variable-speed models at the same speed.
- Location of the controls. You'll use the on/off switch and the tension control a lot. Are they in convenient and safe spots?
- Blade-changing. Different manufacturers have developed very different systems. Change the blade a couple of times to get a feel for it, and decide which system works best for youu.
- The blower. Does it truly get the dust out of your way? Look for a good-sized bellows and a nozzle that you can position as needed.
- Cutting action. You'll find three arm types: C-arm, pararllel arm, and parellel-link. Rick prefers the C-arm for its aggressive cutting action, but a casual user won't be as concerned with speed.
Free Year + Free Gift! Order NOW and get 1 FREE YEAR of Wood® Magazine! PLUS you'll get our Great Projects for Your Shop guide instantly! That's 2 full years (14 issues) for the 1-year-rate – just $28.00. This is a limited-time offer, so HURRY! (U.S. orders only) (Click here for Canadian orders)
Add your comment
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."