Busting dust in a basement shop
Dress to egress
Dust inevitably clings to you and your clothes as you work. Follow the tips in the photo right to make a clean exit.
For additional help on assembling an efficient dust-collection system, refer to the following:
- "Figure Dust-Collection Needs" Issue 119 (December 1999) or online at woodmagazine.com/spcalc
- "Guide to Workshop Dust Control" Issue 143 (September 2002)v
- "Dust Collection that Evolves With Your Shop" Issue 198 (July 2010)
- "Clearing the Air: How to Buy a Dust Collector" Issue 207 (October 2011)
- "Dust-Defying Cyclone" Issue 100 (November 1997)
- Visit our forums to learn more about reader modifications to the cyclone in issue 100: woodmagazine.com/cyclonemods
Download these articles for a small fee at woodmagazine.com/plans. Type the article title in the search box.
Add your comment
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."