5 Great Clamp Organizers

Pages in this Story:
Introduction

Introduction

Solve your clamp-storage problems once and for all with one or more of our five custom holders. These clever wall-hung helpers not only keep all your clamps at arm's reach, they also look great doing it.

1. Spring-clamp holder
2. Bar-clamp rack
3. Locking C-clamp support
4. C-clamp rack
5. Handscrew-clamp organizer

As a convenience to allow you to view this free woodworking plan before downloading it, we now offer a page-by-page review. If you like the plan, you'll find a Click here for a free downloadable plan link on the last page of the plan. The downloadable plan will have larger, easier to view illustrations than the online preview.

Continued on page 2:  Spring-clamp holder

medic_us wrote:

Why can't I enlarge the image??

3/21/2013 12:09:54 PM Report Abuse
tiermanc wrote:

Great looking clamp storage. Looks like they purchased all thier clamps in one or two shopping trips. My clamps are not all Jorgensen or another brand. I have about the same number of clamps but more manufactures and types that have deep jaws etc. But these are nice ideas which match some of my clamping types.

1/24/2011 10:37:42 AM Report Abuse
sbstas wrote:

I snug them up on the I-beam in my garage, you have 2 sides to use

12/31/2010 10:39:40 AM Report Abuse
jhhosier wrote:

There is no such thing as a set of plans that fits everybody's needs. I can't use all of them but I can use a couple of the plans. I appreciate the author taking the time to put them on paper and I also appreciate Wood Magazine for making them available to everyone free-of-charge. Happy New Year. I wish everyone some good wood working experiences in the coming year.

12/30/2010 08:44:57 AM Report Abuse
billrd01 wrote:

On my metal shelving unit I hang the spring clamps over the vertical supports, long clamps attach to the sides of the shelves out of the way

12/23/2010 11:00:35 AM Report Abuse
sgoody1 wrote:

I clamp them to a 1 x 4 that I screwed to the wall. Smaller ones I clamp to my router table. The problem they never seem to be there when I need to use one.

12/23/2010 10:08:18 AM Report Abuse
emt1957 wrote:

i played it smart with all my clamps i put them on my rafters because i dont use them all the time so if i need them all i do is get my stool and go to the rafter that got my 12"or 24"or either size that i need get on the stool and get them down use them and put them in place

12/18/2010 09:32:18 PM Report Abuse
lespem1 wrote:

Download the pdf file, the fonts are bigger

12/17/2010 05:26:59 PM Report Abuse
Grumpy wrote:

I don't have vacant wall space either, but I do have a metal shelving unit against the wall and attached to it for stability. I attached a long 1 x 2 to one end of it, about six and a half feet off the floor. I hand all my clamps on the 1 x 2, the longest ones close to the shelving so they don't use up my work space. I can work under the short ones.

12/16/2010 12:54:58 PM Report Abuse
retiredx2 wrote:

I hang my 12" F clamps from firing strips nailed to the joists above the work bench. They don't take up any space and they are within reach. The longer clamps are hung from the wall in the dead space behind the sump pump.

12/16/2010 12:02:42 PM Report Abuse
paul.eiden1 wrote:

I too have used a 5 gal bucket with cut off PVC pipe to hold my standard f type clamps. Bucket mounted to plywood with wheels for mobility. Has worked great for years. Pipe clamps get their own corner in the shop.

12/16/2010 10:33:09 AM Report Abuse
rhwinkler677651 wrote:

My problem with clamps is MY Failure to return them to proper storage after use for the next task. I need robot clamps that return them to their proper "hime" after use.

12/12/2010 03:28:11 PM Report Abuse
stardrag wrote:

Clamps? never have enough of them. I'm always just 1 short. Put them on your Christmas list is a supposedly cheap way to get them. At least get something back on your investment rather than a tie, socks etc.

12/12/2010 10:16:55 AM Report Abuse
beegdawg wrote:

I built a knockoff of Rockler's rolling A frame clamp rack. Holds clamps up to 4' long and rolls to where I'm doing glue ups. Built from scraps, except for the wheels. Add a couple of shelves for glue, rags and small clamps and you are set. I'd post a picture (Ha!), but go to Rocklers website to see a what it looks like. PS: Like most, my shop is the in the garage and I have ZERO wall space to work with. Seems like the editors are the only woodworkers with open wall space.

12/11/2010 10:51:30 AM Report Abuse
hwieland2 wrote:

My 5 gal bucket filled with pvc pipe of assorted diameters mounted on a base with 4" casters is compact and portable. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

12/10/2010 07:38:22 AM Report Abuse
jurey2 wrote:

I made a rack the same size as my window to hang clamps on. From outside it looks like bars on the window , a little fake security.

12/9/2010 10:02:35 PM Report Abuse
J.R. Sloan wrote:

And they don't get daily use, so if stored on a wall, they take up space even when some are being used. I got rubber storage boxes and metal-bolt-together shelves that hold three containes each. Each C-clamp size goes in one (2 in one, 3 in another, and so on). To store longer F-and pipe-clamps; I made a closet-cabinet and mounted these on the sidewalls so they didn't take up quite so much wallspace. I'll hang a pegboard door on it so something used daily will take up the front. JR

12/9/2010 07:16:35 PM Report Abuse