3 decks with upgrade ideas
Upgrading a large-size deck
Because of their size, large decks offer the chance to include the most amenities and options. Don't simply add as much deck space or as many amenities as you can afford, however.
A huge deck may overwhelm your house, and you may not need every possible amenity. Though this deck is loaded with special features, each contributes to a carefully planned outdoor living space.
Here are other amenities to consider for a large deck:
- Pergola or arbor for filtered shade
- Hinged access to under-deck storage
- Custom railings
- Hinged storage benches that double as extra seating
- Decking: composite, with patterns changing on each area of the deck to visually distinguish various areas
- Gazebo on octagon portion of deck
- Built-in spa
- Privacy screen to shelter spa
- Outdoor kitchen with large built-in grill, prep sink, and counter space with storage under counter
- Built-in seating along perimeter of deck, with planters along top of back portion of seats
- Wide stairs with easy access to lawn
- Skirting around perimeter
Find more deck plans at: woodmagazine.com/deckplans
Add your comment
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."