Morris Chair Woodworking Plan
Believed to have originated with William Morris, father of the English Arts and Crafts movement, the so-called Morris chair combines comfort with simply stated good looks. True to form, our version features loose cushions, curved arms, and an adjustable back. We'll even tell how to make the cushions. A separate downloadable plan is available for the matching coffee table and ottoman.
Steps in this woodworking plan include:
1. Laminate and machine the legs
2. Machine and assemble the side frames
3. Create the curved armrests
4. Add the front and rear stretchers and cleats next
5. Cut the pieces and assemble the seat frame
6. Construct the backrest
7. Finish-sand, stain,and clear-coat
Purchase the full morris chair woodworking plan, including detailed diagrams and complete materials list. Plus, you can purchase similar plans for the matching coffee table and ottoman:
Add your comment
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."