Free Built-in Bookcase and Cabinet Plan

Built-ins add pizzazz (and practical storage) to any room. In this article, you'll learn how to plan, build, and install two bookcases with cabinet bases flanking a window seat. But our modular system makes it easy to mix and match the components, customizing the arrangement to suit your needs. If you're building around a fireplace, for example, omit the window seat. Or lengthen the shelving units and eliminate the base cabinet for more display space. Plus, we'll walk you through the steps for a fuss-free installation. And, finally, you'll learn to top off your masterpiece with gorgeous crown molding.

tommandkay wrote:

A bit nicer than the one I built a few years ago. I had other things to contend with. Under the window, I had a sort of ready made window seat-a radiator. My ceiling is higher, so the top of the twin shelves are the height of the window, with a bridge extending between them. I have many more than the twenty two books on your shelf, but it holds up very well. A tip-to drill the holes for the shelving, I used a piece of pegboard for a guide.

5/15/2014 04:28:41 PM Report Abuse
janetmart0 wrote:

Thank you.

5/15/2014 01:31:09 PM Report Abuse
gei wrote:

If you are having problems downloading the files then you most likely have privacy settings in your browser that prevent the download from finishing. Try enabling cookies and allowing pop-ups sent from www.woodmagazine.com. All browsers allow you to selectively turn on cookies and pop-ups from individual sites so as to not be bombarded with junk.

5/15/2014 01:21:50 PM Report Abuse
Frostychevy wrote:

I had no trouble at all downloading these plans. I don't use Chrome but using Windows 7, Adobe Acrobat reader (free version) and Firefox. Tried it as well with explorer 11 and still download was successful. Plan looks great and will be a fine addition when the house reno is done.

5/15/2014 10:21:35 AM Report Abuse
eandr105 wrote:

What is DP-00857apdf?

10/4/2013 12:21:40 PM Report Abuse
eandr105 wrote:

I am unable to download these plans. Can I order a copy by mail? I will pay.

10/4/2013 12:19:43 PM Report Abuse
handiman2528 wrote:

Cant down load free plans on window 7 and yahoo even had trouble down loading the plan that I baught. What seems to be the trouble .I don't have trouble with other programs.

10/2/2013 09:19:16 AM Report Abuse
sf2343f3 wrote:

unable to download, too many hoops to jump thru.i have tried 2 different browsers .same result/

9/24/2013 08:45:53 PM Report Abuse
meridiaman1 wrote:

I'm running Windows 7 Home and Firefox r21.0 and had this downloaded in less than 2 seconds (REALLY!!). I have had many problems with the later releases of Firefox. I downloaded and installed r21.0 and turned off the updater. When I did, all of my browser problems went away. I'm hoping that Mozilla gets their new releases repaired soon.

9/14/2013 05:56:13 AM Report Abuse
Iafarmer wrote:

I'm running Windows 7 on the Mozilla Firefox browser and have never had a problem downloading any of your plans. Nice to get some quality plans for free! Thank you . . .

2/5/2013 09:27:15 AM Report Abuse
tommandkay wrote:

Had absolutely no trouble downloading, but then I'm still using XP. Could that be the reason? Anyway it looks like a great project. I have already done something like this, but I have a radiator under the window. I worked around that. I made a cushioned seat for the top of the radiator, book shelves on either side, and a bridge over the top.

1/22/2013 02:47:12 PM Report Abuse
dae wrote:

If you're using Firefox, you might try downloading with Chrome. I had a problem too but it must be an issue with the browser. Good luck.

1/18/2013 09:22:55 AM Report Abuse
lh443 wrote:

No problem downloading files, thank you.

1/17/2013 10:49:30 PM Report Abuse
uby wrote:

can't download the last several offers of free plans either. Just ridiculous. Won't be renewing my subscription.

1/17/2013 09:57:41 PM Report Abuse
alumpezdek wrote:

Cannot download these files. The last several offers of free plans would start to download, then timeout. Unable to complete. Message: Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

1/3/2013 03:28:27 PM Report Abuse