Art deco desk clock

We all have 'em: wood scraps too little to be of much use, but too beautiful to toss out. Now you can fashion those exotic or figured castoffs into a handsome timepiece.

Art Deco Clock
Enlarge Image

Clock with Pen
Enlarge Image

Contrasting species highlight the
clock's shapely figure. Here we
chose spalted maple and walnut
for a blond-over-brown variation.

As a convenience to allow you to view this free woodworking plan before downloading it, we offer a page-by-page review. If you like the plan, you'll find a Free Downloadable Plan link on the last page of the plan. The downloadable plan will have larger, easier to view illustrations than the online preview. Thanks for viewing, and enjoy the build.

Continued on page 2:  Form the body and wings

Phellis wrote:

Is it a coincidence that todays shop tip and the Desk Clock both appear in the Nov. 2008 issue?

8/1/2013 05:09:58 PM Report Abuse
dbb wrote:

photodave, This will be my first clock to make. Looking foward to the challenge, thank you

2/28/2013 12:01:12 PM Report Abuse
lowellsites57 wrote:

Good idea

11/1/2012 04:24:49 PM Report Abuse
kempfarm@agwireless.net wrote:

I made this clock 2 years ago with lacewood and curly maple. It was great but I would like to see a better way to make the mortises.

10/11/2012 07:47:07 PM Report Abuse
Klockit wrote:

The clock insert shown is Klockit's #15267 - White Arabic Dial with Chrome Bezel (http://www.klockit.com/products/sku-ooooo.html). There are many other styles also available on the webpage that will also work here.

10/11/2012 10:27:04 AM Report Abuse
leohall wrote:

I'm sorry, am I being dense or did I miss where to get the clock? I'd like to build a couple of these for some friends. Thanks, Leo

8/12/2012 02:36:31 PM Report Abuse
bphillippe1 wrote:

i phillippe cbreault love woodworking i did when i was young thats my dream to be the best woodworker thank you guys love phil breault you are number one in my book thank you

6/10/2012 10:06:50 PM Report Abuse