Shaker Bed Woodworking Plan
Simple lines make this Shaker-inspired bed the center of many bedroom suites.
Start your own Shaker bedroom suite with this queen-sized bed. For ease in assembly and moving, the bed features knock-down hardware. We made ours out of cherry, but maple was also a Shaker favorite.
Steps in this wood plan include:
1. Start with the laminated legs
2. Prepare the legs for turning
3.Turn the legs to shape
4. Let's form the headboard and footboard
5. Cut and tenon the side rails
6. A sturdy platform plays a supporting role
7. Finally, the finish
Learn more about this downloadable woodworking plan which includes step-by-step instructions, a materials list, a cutting diagram, and how-to photography.