Arts and Crafts Bed Woodworking Plan
Whether you need a double, queen, or king, this bed fills the bill, and does so in grand style.
This elegant project is a dream come true. By simply changing the dimensions of a few parts and the quantity of spindles, as specified in the Materials List, you can build the bed in double, queen, or king size. You can rest easy about installing the spindles because there's no need for repetitive drilling and chiseling of mortises. Instead, thanks to a simple indexing jig, into the grooves in the footboard and headboard rails, ensuring consistent spindle fit and perfect alignment.
Steps in this woodworking plan include:
1. Start by wrapping up some fabulous legs
2. Next craft the rails for the headboard and footboard
3. Time for the spindle strips, fillers, and spindles
4. Now let's check the fit of the parts we've made so far
5. Fashion the tops, corbels, side rails, and support slats
6. Head for the finish, and put it all together
Purchase the full Arts & Crafts bed woodworking plan, includxing detailed diagrams and complete materials list: