Follow us on Pinterest
Welcome, Guest! Log In  |  Join Now
More
Close

Martyn Brewer, Boxologist

1 of 12
British boxmaker, Martyn Brewer

British boxmaker, Martyn Brewer

Self-described "boxologist" Martyn Brewer of Devon, UK employs a unique construction technique along with complex geometric patterns to create eye-popping boxes and cutting boards. Here, he displays three boxes , Zee, Vee, and Xee, which were created using his "Easy Mitre" technique.

See British boxmaker, Martyn Brewer fold-up box plan

1 of 12

Comments (8)
srjaynes2 wrote:

For the love of Escher! NICE!

8/30/2012 11:47:55 AM Report Abuse
Eaton474 wrote:

This guy is simply amazing! A true master of his craft! I too enjoy making boxes, though I've never tried anything like Mr. Brwer's boxes! I've made segmented turnings, and made my own inlay banding, but never used this technique on boxes. Truly an innovative idea! I think I may glue up some blanks, use my Incra positioner and get crazy with some box joints on the corners!

5/24/2012 10:19:48 AM Report Abuse
britboxmaker wrote:

You can see more of my work at www.theartofboxes.com. I also post projects and blog on www.lumberjocks.com

3/10/2012 05:16:43 PM Report Abuse
uueagle1 wrote:

Mr. Brewer - You are M.C.Escher re-incarnated!!!!! I have been a fan of his for more years than I can remember. Seeing his ideas in your work inspires me to go further than I had thought to do. Thank you for your work and inspiration.

12/29/2011 10:42:35 PM Report Abuse
charlesfacemire wrote:

Got this issue the same day my wife told me that my two youngest daughters both wanted boxes similar to the one I made for our oldest daughter. This technique is much simpler than the one I used for the first box. Got to design and glue up some blanks. Thanks.

10/14/2011 07:41:34 AM Report Abuse
russell amos1 wrote:

These are unreal. Ditto on the comment about more articles on Martyn's boxes. I am going down to the shop now to experiment on the "fold up" technique. Thanks Russ

10/10/2011 09:18:32 AM Report Abuse
rnh62481 wrote:

Fascinating! Hopefully a future ┐how to┐ article will feature additional designs of Martyn┐s unique boxes.

10/7/2011 11:19:39 AM Report Abuse
parmalarryv wrote:

How do we get more of Mr Brewer's patterns? Would love to try some of his other patterns.

10/7/2011 08:42:29 AM Report Abuse

Add your comment

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Register | Log In

Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."

more smart savings
Connect With Us
  • Recent Posts
  • Top Posts
See More >